Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 15

Contrary to popular belief, I was not at a doctor's appointment this morning.

I arrived around 10:00 and saw that there were donuts, but was disappointed to see that somebody had eaten the Boston Cream (whoever you are, you must confess). I officially finished splitting up the Gough Map into different chips and have a total of 32 now, many of which overlap.

For some reason, I find it necessary to list out what I must accomplished in the near future:
  • Work on the water sections of the map (which Allyse has mainly been doing but I want to get a taste of it myself)
  • Perform PCA, PCA with masking, SAM, ACE, and MF on all areas of interest (towns where original text is still visible)
  • Blur and divide these areas along with the results from the methods above 
The goal: separate the different inks. We're guessing that there are 3 types of red inks and we want to see which method(s) work best in separating them. There are only 3 bullets on my checklist, but I think this will keep me very occupied for a while (especially bullet 2). I think ENVI is growing on me though...and I have also mastered an efficient naming system for my hundreds of files created thus far.

I missed out on some Pokemon action during lunch...but got to chill with Maria instead, so not my loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment