Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 16: Blur, Divide and Conquer

This day was quite slow. I think back to this morning and it feels like it happened a year ago. I recall a discussion about Friday cookout meat options (Sausage? Shark?) and some frustration due to movie night planning issues.

I continued to process Gough Map images like a robot. I don't mean this in a negative way. Actually, I enjoyed the feeling of mechanical efficiency as I powered through image after image. 

Anna stopped by before lunch and answered some of my questions regarding Blur and Divide. We tested this method different ways to figure out its constraints. A lot of times, we got funky results. It was all part of the learning, though, and helped us get a better sense of how to use this method for optimal results. Thanks to Anna, I am now ready to blur, divide and conquer all of England. 

I was so occupied with figuring out Blur and Divide that I didn't have time to eat pizza before the lunch talk. I can't believe I put ENVI before food! This program must really be growing on me. 

The lunch talk was cool. I want to try the virtual game where you have to catch a ball with a paddle. Wait, no I don't. Because I would be the person who misses the ball 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment